ProximLock is the best PC bluetooth locker available.
Download ProximLock Now
Requirements:
1. PC with Bluetooth radio installed and working properly
2. Device with Bluetooth radio enabled
3. A deep seated desire for simple cool security technology
Confguration:
1. Run ProximLock.
2. Click "Discover".
3. Select desired Bluetooth device from the drop down list
4. In the Monitoring Interval field enter the number of seconds you
would like to wait between monitoring cycles. I recommend no less than
30 seconds.
5. In the Retry Attempts field enter the number of retries you would like
to perform before locking your PC when your Bluetooth device is
not found. I recommend 3.
6. In the Retry Interval field in the number of seconds to wait between
each retry. I recommend 5 seconds.
Installation:
1. Follow Configuration steps
(To Start Monitoring Device Presence)
2. Click Begin Monitoring to start monitoring the presence of your
bluetooth device.
3. Minimize ProximLock.
(To Stop Monitoring Device Presence)
4. Double click the ProximLock icon in the system tray to open it.
5. Click Stop Monitoring
Notes:
With the recommended configuration your machine will lock after
approximately 45 seconds.
Planned Enhancements:
1. Configuration saving
3. Run as service option
Enhancements Added:
1. Added logging for start, stop, device found, and system lock events.
Bugs Fixed:
1. Exception when no Bluetooth device or no Bluetooth radio is present.
2. Stop monitoring button does not stop monitoring
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I downloaded ProximLock but when I click Discover, I get an error that says the "index was outside the bounds of the array" Based on the debugging information, it runs GetBluetoothDevices(), clears the combobox and arraylist and throws the error. Is this because it did not find my device and there is nothing to put in the combobox? I have a Kensington Bluetooth Adaptor providing the Bluetooth to the desktop and it is on XP PRO. Thoughts?
GrumpyCoder,
Thanks for the feedback... clearly my testing was not sufficient. I have corrected this problem and posted the new rev to the download area.
What is happening is no BlueTooth devices are being found on your system. This passed a null HashTable into an assignment loop and... splat.
Remember you will need your bluetooth radio in your desktop and some other bluetooth device... like a phone.
Give it another go and let me know how it turns out.
Thanks again!
Rusty
Hi
I have installed proximlock, but clicking discover doesn't seem to find the device (paired nokia phone) with asus bluetooth dongle - any suggestions?
Hi Rusty,
I have the same prob as Tim. I installed the latest ProxyLock and No Luck :(
I do have other BT software running and all works great, so that rules out the Hardware issues i may have.
Any recommendations??
Thanks
Graeme
Post a Comment